- A landing permit facility, upto a maximum of 03 days, can be given to a foreigner who enters India by Air or Sea, without a valid visa, under emergent circumstances (like death or sudden illness in the family) provided the Immigration officer is satisfied regarding the bona-fides of the foreigner.
- A fee of US$ 40 or equivalent amount in Indian Rupees per passenger, including children is charged for the grant of landing permit.
- Foreign tourists in groups of four or more arriving by air or sea, sponsored by Indian Travel Agencies approved by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India and with a pre-drawn itinerary may be granted collective landing permit for a period not exceeding 60 days, with multiple-entry facility to enable them to visit a neighbouring country. In order to avail of this facility, the tourist or travel agency concerned shall mandatorily fill in the applications online on website www.indianvisaonline.gov.in. A complete list of group members along with printed Visa applications and their itinerary should be submitted by the tourist or travel agency to the FRRO/FRO concerned, 72 hours in advance. The tourist or travel agency shall also give an undertaking to conduct the group as per the itinerary and extend a further assurance that no individual would be allowed to drop out from the group at any place. This facility can be given for 60 days on payment of US$ 40 as TLP fee. The facility for collective landing permits for group tourists will be available at the following airports and sea ports:
Seaports: Marmagoa (Goa), Kochi, Calicut, Thiruvananthapuram, Mumbai, Nhava Sheva, Chennai and Kolkata seaports
- No temporary landing permit/collective landing permit for group tourists shall be given to nationals of Afghanistan, China, Ethiopia, Iraq, Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia & Sri Lanka and foreign nationals of Pakistan origin.
- The crew members/seamen of scheduled/non-scheduled flights operated by the scheduled operators as approved by the Ministry of Civil Aviation from time to time can be granted Landing Permit upto a period of seven days without any charges. The seamen who arrive by ship and have to leave India either by another ship or by flight within seven days can also be granted Landing Permits without charging a fee.
Instructions relating to grant of Visa to crew of non-scheduled airlines and chartered flights and issue of Temporary Landing Permits (TLPs). (19 KB)