- PIO card holder will be exempt from the requirement of registration if his stay on any single visit in India does not exceed 180 days.
- In the event of continuous stay in India of the PIO card holder exceeding 180 days, he/she shall have to get himself/herself registered within 30 days of the expiry of 180 days with the concerned Foreigners Regional Registration Officer/Foreigners Registration Officer. For minor (upto age 16 years) no registration is required on any type of visa, including PIO card.
- An amount of US$ 30 is charged as penal fee towards late registration.
- Every foreigner at the time of Registration, shall furnish, such information in registration report, as may be in his possession for the purpose of satisfying the Registration Officer and shall, on being required, shall sign the registration report in the presence of the said officer and shall thereupon be entitled to receive from the said officer a certificate of registration in Part III of Form A.
- The following documents are required to be submitted at the time of registration.
- Registration form in triplicate (3 Copies).
- 4 Recent passport size photographs.
- Copy of PIO Card
- Copy of passport/VISA/arrival immigration stamp.
- Copy of valid and notarised Lease/Rent agreement OR Copy of C-Form from the Hotel OR copy of recent electricity/telephone bill along with the letter from the landlord, towards proof of residence.
- Duly filled in Registration Book (Upto page 8).
- Passport in original.